What is Carbon Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
The Carbon Laser treatment is designed to enhance the skin’s radiance and promote a smooth, glowing complexion. It can also help to reduce imperfections such as enlarged pores.
A special carbon paste is applied in a thin layer over the skin and allowed to dry for a min period of 15 minutes. You need to wear protective goggles in order to shield your eyes from the laser beam.
Our Q-switched Nd YAG laser is then used to heat up the paste which causes an implosion of the carbon particles which may lead to the following effects on treated skin:
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles (over a course of treatments)
- Tightening of open pores (over a course)
- Reduction in acne, acne scars and post acne discolouration of the skin (over a course)
- Removal of dead skin cells from the superficial epidermal layer thereby improving skin texture and radiance. Improvements can be noticed after just 1 session
- Clearance of blocked pores to help reduce black/whiteheads and avoid breakouts (cumulative effect)
Is it painful?
No, the treatment should be comfortable and only a minor sensation similar to warm pins and needles is felt.
How Many Treatments?
You may only want 1 treatment session ahead of a special occasion. However, for maximum effect a course is recommended which will also depend on the severity of the skin condition, skin type and your lifestyle (e.g smoking). The usual regime is between 4-7 treatments, 1-2 weeks apart. Maintenance treatments are recommended every 4-6 weeks.
Can Anyone Have a Treatment?
As with any laser treatment certain skin types, medical conditions and medications may prevent treatment. This will all be discussed at your consultation and patch test.
You should arrive for your patch test/treatments with clean skin (no cosmetics/perfumes etc)